Corporate Accounting Manager
- Date: Posted Jan 10, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Contact: email@example.com
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Corporate Accounting Manager to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE CORPORATE ACCOUNTING MANAGER WILL….
Monitor general accounting practices, develop, and maintain internal accounting controls, prepare the monthly consolidation and yearly external financial statements, manage the preparation and filing of sales and income tax filings, manage the external auditing process, and collaborate with departments in new business ideas, providing finance department with accounting guidance, and conducting various ad-hoc projects as directed.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Operations, the successful candidate must be ambitious, thrive in an ever-changing environment, and maintain a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Work with the accounting team to ensure accounting activities are compliant with GAAP and internal accounting policies and procedures.
- Lead and coach the accounting department as needed with the month-end process. This could include preparing complex general ledger account reconciliations and analysis. Review, assess and initiate adjustments as needed.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly and annual consolidation and financial statements.
- Monitor and analyze monthly financial results.
- Work closely with the Director to develop and maintain a process for cash flow and treasury management.
- Under the guidance of the Director, review new proposed business activities and ensure that processes/accounting streams are set up appropriately and revenues/expenses are recognized in accordance with GAAP
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, the integrity of corporate data, and best practices.
- Identify and support efforts on process improvements within Finance and across the organization.
- Research, document and resolve technical accounting issues including evaluation and implementation of new accounting pronouncements to ensure GAAP compliance.
- Review tax filings for sales tax, Canadian and US federal and state/provincial taxes and ensure compliance with all tax requirements. Work with external consultants to ensure filings are done accurately and on time.
- Review intercompany transactions and ensure compliance with transfer pricing methodology. Liase with external audit and tax advisors as necessary.
- Lead annual audit and work with external auditors to complete audit accurately and on time.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience post-CPA designation
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- Significant experience with ERP and Financial Systems Management Software solutions
- Strong computer skills; be a ‘power-user’ with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Ability to speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Ability to anticipate, and actively to the needs of internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Work with cross-functional teams to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Experience managing a global portfolio is an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is considered an asset, but not required
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Corporate Accounting Manager in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!