Culture and Community Engagement Specialist
- Date: Posted Mar 13, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, CA
- Contact: email@example.com
- Term: Full-Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Culture & Community Engagement Specialist to join the team. This role can be substantially remote but will need to be within commutable distance from the Vancouver office. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE CULTURE & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST WILL….
Be responsible for building and strengthening relationships between the SAXX organization and its employee and candidate communities. This role will work closely with various stakeholders to identify, plan, and implement initiatives that promote community involvement, engagement, and social responsibility that are aligned with the SAXX 6 Core Values.
You are an organized multi-tasker with strong communication skills who thrives in a fast paced environment and is constantly looking to build community in a way that resonates with our high performing, highly engaged, and distributed workforce.
This is a broad portfolio that will see you interact with and complete varied work that crosses multiple areas of the People/HR portfolio. Flexibility and a willingness to pivot according to changing business needs will be critical to success in this role.
- Be SAXX’s Culture Champion. Develop and implement community engagement initiatives to build and maintain relationships with the SAXX internal (employees) and candidate (future employees) communities.
- Plan, organize and execute events, meetings and learning workshops to engage with the internal and external community
- Develop and implement surveys and other feedback mechanisms to gather community input and feedback on issues related to the organization's goals and objectives.
- Work in collaboration with others to develop a wide variety of communications materials for various audiences.
- Proactively source, connect, and engage with prospective future employees in collaboration with the Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Work in collaboration with the TA team to identify and develop internship and Co-Op opportunities.
- Track and report on community engagement metrics and provide regular updates to stakeholders.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments within the organization to align community engagement efforts with business objectives.
Perform research in support of department initiatives.
Prepare and assist in creating meeting and interview materials in support of department initiatives.
Prepare presentations in support of department initiatives.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Community Engagement Specialist in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!