Date PostedJan 28, 2021
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Graphic Designer to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
be responsible for developing Graphic marketing assets and informing and shaping SAXX’s visual language. This role will report to the Art Director and requires a proactive person who is accountable and comfortable working both independently and within cross-disciplinary teams.
- Execute digital design and develop content for owned and 3rd party websites, emails, advertisements, social and video.
- Create layouts from provided design systems for seasonal campaign executions partner and owned channels
- Curate visual depictions such as photography, video, or illustration to create a graphical representation of the brand.
- Determine the most effective way to arrange type in order to make the language clearly visible and impactful.
- Consider digital experience and customer interactivity in all design decisions.
- Basic animation for use in gifs and video, with codeless HTML5 animation as a major asset
- Occasionally flex into graphic design-based projects to support creative needs.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders on the team including channel owners, photographers and retouchers to ensure outputs meet both business and creative objectives.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional partners (Brand, eComm, Agency, etc.) on varied creative projects.
- Proactively bring forward new ideas, references and creative design thinking that elevates the SAXX brand.
- Work with Marketing Project Coordinator to execute project timelines
- Stay abreast of industry, competitor and cultural trends, pulling these references into ideas for digital initiatives and/or creative projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 5 years of Graphic design experience.
- Extensive knowledge of & ability to work in Adobe Creative Suites
- Experience with developing visual communications strategies and building brands
- Experience in motion graphics and building animations with Adobe After Effects a plus
- Strong knowledge of fashion lifestyle industry and ability to pull creative references (e.g. photography, stylists, editors, art directors, etc.)
- Self-starter who can effectively manage workload prioritization and execution consistently to a high standard.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve and seek out solutions
- Impeccable communication skills both oral and written
- Able to build strong relationships across all departments
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines while remaining calm under pressure
- Passionate about design and innovation.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Ability to take art direction and critique, while working in an iterative process.
- Ability to present creative ideas clearly and concisely.
- Solution-oriented mindset with an enthusiasm for visual problem-solving.
- Ability to build strong relationships across all departments.
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- • During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Graphic Designer in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply