Director of Financial Planning & Analysis
- Date: Posted Sep 30, 2022
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE Director of Financial Planning and Analysis WILL….
Be responsible for a diverse range of core business activities and strategic initiatives. This hands-on role will own the budget and forecasting process, and multiple elements of the Company’s financial reporting function to key internal and external stakeholders. Partnering with several departmental & cross functional partners, as well as members of the executive leadership team, this role performs critical financial analysis that provides SAXX with an understanding of key performance drivers, costs and returns of important investment initiatives for the business. The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will report to the CFO of the organization and will lead a growing team of analysts.
- Lead the annual budget and real-time forecasting processes by analyzing current trends compared to latest projections, establishing financial objectives, and communicating risks and opportunities to business leaders to ensure financial targets are met or surpassed. Support the development of accurate corporate SG&A budgets and forecast and identify opportunities for efficiencies.
- Lead the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages
- Evaluate current state and provide recommendations for enhancing standard methodologies surrounding corporate planning, forecasting, KPI’s, reporting and analytical infrastructure
- Evaluate current state and provide recommendations to enable the company’s financial operating model to be more efficient, scalable, intuitive and to integrate with the Company’s ERP and other internal reporting platforms more efficiently.
- Recommend and implement communication and meeting cadence with various business partners and stakeholders to report on budget to actual variances, updated financial outlook, and overall assessment of goal tracking
- Lead and contribute to the sound analysis of sales, margin, expense and KPI metrics; Identify short term and long-term trends and communicate potential outcome to business partners.
- Identify market and other risks; provide analysis and solutions.
- Lead and contribute to the delivery of high-quality financial planning, analysis, and business decision support to leaders of multiple business units.
- Create strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, expense optimization and core business metrics to drive better decisions and results.
- Provide analysis to optimize production volumes and inventory levels.
- Provide market supported analysis for determining price and discount strategies.
- Prepare regular presentations to the Company’s Board of Directors and investors.
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of high performing analysts and act as a collaborative and reliable partner to a multi disciplinary team of Finance professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field. CPA preferred
- 8+ years of experience in Corporate Finance/Financial Planning and Analysis
- 3+ years of experience as a leader of people
- 3+ years of experience working within a multi-channel, consumer facing, company, including a high growth e-commerce business
- 3+ years of experience working within an ERP, Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- Expert level proficiency within Microsoft Excel
- Director level financial modelling and analytical skills
- Comprehensive understanding of financial statements including balance sheets and supporting schedules
- Familiarity with the entire financial close process. [a reasonable understanding of the m/e is expected but they don’t need to be expert in this area]
- Ability to, and experience with, transition(ing) between high-level thinking and daily operational tasks
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines while maintaining collaborative and respectful relationships.
- High level of individual accountability and the ability to influence others while maintaining key relationships in the business.
- A deep sense of professional curiosity and a drive to achieve and optimize potential to deliver ongoing growth and scalable business performance.
- Experience working with high growth organizations a definite plus.
- Experience working within the apparel industry a definite plus.
- Experience working with a marketplace business a definite plus.
- Experience with inventory management a definite plus.
- Experience working within a majority PE investment structure a definite plus.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym.
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned that most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the post-pandemic world evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements to ensure we are supporting our SAXX community and our business.
Please forward your resume and quote Director, FP&A in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!