eCommerce Merchandising Specialist
Date PostedMarch 24, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an eCommerce Merchandising Specialist to join the team based at our Vancouver.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
THE ECOMMERCE MERCHANDISING SPECIALIST WILL….
Reporting to the Senior Director of eCommerce, you will support the creation and execution of strategic product assortment roadmaps for SAXX eCommerce websites and marketplaces (Amazon) worldwide, as well as facilitate and optimize website product merchandising. You will support the strategy and optimization of inventory depth and breadth as well as perform analysis on product sales, trends, and program performance relating to all eCommerce business channels in all geographic regions: SAXX.com/ca/international, and Amazon (10+ storefronts).
The eCommerce Merchandising Specialist role will provide key insights and cross communication against target sales KPIs while aiding data driven outcomes and decisions. This is an extremely cross-functional role, requiring important collaboration with internal teams such as Digital Marketing, Operations, Product and Planning, as well as Brand. The ideal candidate is highly entrepreneurial, analytical and has excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to quickly identify trends, opportunities, and risk across a variety of sales channels and inventory positions.
eCommerce Website Merchandising:
- Support development of SAXX eCommerce product merchandising strategy, and manage the execution of merchandising across all three SAXX sites on a daily/weekly basis.
- Create seasonal merchandising calendars in collaboration with Digital Marketing/eCommerce Operations teams based on product launches, digital marketing campaigns, product sell-through rates and aged inventory risks.
- Own management and usage of website merchandising tool (Nosto); including setting up automated merchandising rules, pre-scheduling merchandise updates, and reporting on tool analytics to inform optimizations.
- Manage dynamic content blocks on hero banners and product listing pages to facilitate a more personalized experience.
- Support creation and execution of A/B testing strategy for product merchandising. Utilize learnings to optimize product sales and AOV as it relates to website merchandising.
- Facilitate execution, analysis, and optimization of product cross-sell/up-sell website initiatives (including “complete the look”, and “you may also like” recommendations).
- Support achievement of annual sales plan as it relates to product category forecasts and product discounts. Leverage merchandising and cross-sell/up-sell tactics to achieve desired mix of apparel and underwear sales, while ensuring discounted product sales remain at profitable levels.
- Work cross-functionally with eCommerce Operations team to support seasonal product launches and catalog Quality Assurance as required.
Assortment Planning & Inventory Optimization:
- Support the creation and execution of strategic assortment planning roadmaps for eCommerce sites and Amazon marketplaces based on product sales trends, geography/climate, industry and competitive landscape, marketing ROAS, cross-channel diversity, and customer acquisition.
- Support quarterly updates of SAXX’s 5-year revenue forecast as it pertains to product category growth.
- Report on inventory levels in collaboration with operations across all physical warehouse locations to identify opportunities for aged inventory tactics and calling out low inventory risk.
- Monitor, flag, and bring to light any inventory risks including suppressed product listings, stranded inventory, or anything preventing the visibility and sale of products on Amazon and owned websites.
- Monitor key performance indicators related to weeks on hand inventory, sell through, and return rates across digital channels to identify any trends to the relevant teams, as well as prevent any inventory stock-outs on eCommerce sites and Amazon marketplaces.
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing and eCommerce Operations teams to select products to feature for campaigns based on inventory depth, sell-through rates, and seasonality.
eCommerce Business Performance Support and Reporting:
- Support the Go-To-Market process through building senior leadership presentations to report on eCommerce and Amazon product sales trends via post-mortems and strategic assortment planning road maps.
- Support with executive level reporting presented to demonstrate category and sell through trends to inform future inventory needs: depth and breadth of assortments.
- Consistently review product sell-through data and merchandising performance analytics to make recommendations and optimizations to increase product sales and AOV, and decrease aged inventory.
- Support in decision making regarding SMUs and custom product initiatives based on sell-through trends and opportunities.
- Provide product sell-through analysis related to seasonal initiatives including holidays and retail moments supported by digital marketing campaigns.
- Provide insight and reporting based on customer purchase decisions, product segmentation, basket analysis, and competitor product analysis.
- Work on other duties as assigned. This is an ever-evolving role and adaptability will be the key to success.
- Minimum 2 years of eCommerce merchandising experience within an eCommerce/DTC organization (or related role such as product catalogue and inventory planning support).
- Shopify platform experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in eCommerce, Merchandising, Data Analysis, Business Administration, or equivalent years of combined education & experience.
- Experience using merchandising, A/B testing, and analytics tools (ex. Nosto, Bloomreach, Google Analytics, Qlik).
- Amazon Seller Central experience considered an asset.
- Excellent spreadsheet and presentation skills (Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint) and experience manipulating and analyzing high volumes of data.
- Ability to analyze and report on sales and product performance for eCommerce sites and marketplaces (Amazon).
- Experience forecasting inventory and reporting on sales performance for eCommerce sites and marketplaces.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote eCommerce Merchandising Specialist in the subject line. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply