Date PostedJanuary 26, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Accounting Assistant to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services in a multi-company environment. The role will play an important part in the daily operations of the Finance department and the timely preparation of month-end financial statements. This includes aiding the Finance Department to help it meet its deadlines in an accurate and reliable manner.
- Obtain proper authorization for each A/P invoice before processing.
- Code the A/P invoice according to expense type.
- Enter the A/P invoice in ERP (in related company) and allocating freight and duty cost to Merchandise Receipts, if necessary.
- Provide batch of processed A/P invoice for the Accounting Manager’s approval.
- Issue payments on the 15th and the 30th of each month, and forward to the Accounting Manager for approval.
- Issue re-occurring monthly payments (interest, management & consulting fees etc.)
- Submit cheques for signature. Two signatures are required for all cheques over the required limit.
- Mail out cheques and file all documents in appropriate file, by year.
- Reconcile vendor invoice to Merchandise Receipt and identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Reconcile vendor accounts (log-on) with vendor statements.
- Respond to requests for credit reference and vendor inquiries
- Manage agreements and ensure proper signatures have been obtained and agreements are approved by VP Finance.
- Prepare monthly commission reports, issue payments to representatives, and respond to all commission related inquiries
- Set up Sales Representative accounts and Sales Representative promo accounts, and monitor promo accounts
- Reconcile and post online payments with invoices and credits for Amazon, Shopify, and PayPal.
- Ad-hoc support as needed (i.e., payment posting, bank deposits etc.)
- Accuracy; entering financial information that is error-free to ensure its reliability to decision makers.
- Ability to stay focused and calm under pressure.
- Efficiency; able to accomplish outcomes with minimal wasted effort.
- Teamwork; reaches out to peers and facilitates staff and supervisor problem solving to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Adaptability; adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Comes up with creative new ideas & seeks out opportunities for development.
- Honesty/Integrity; does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right. Speaks plainly & truthfully.
- High Standards; exceeds expectations and goes the extra mile for customers and partners. Expects personal performance to be the best.
- Be grounded; able to work in an environment where humour plays an important role in regulating the tone of our workday.
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Accounting Assistant in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply