Financial Analyst (FA)
- Date: Posted Nov 29, 2022
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Contact: email@example.com
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Financial Analyst (FA) to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE FINANCIAL ANALYST WILL….
Report to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) and will act as a key resource for the operating groups across the business including the global Ecommerce and Wholesale businesses as well as the Brand, Product and Logistics teams. The incumbent will assist operating group managers in developing budgets and forecasts and will provide financial reporting and analysis that effectively communicates results and highlights risks and opportunities to enhance decision making.
As a Financial Analyst, you are results-oriented, hard driving, have a knack for asking the tough questions while having the analytical ability to validate the answers. You demonstrate a positive can-do attitude, work well in teams, and enjoy solving complex problems. You are full of ideas, organized, and love analytics.
- Being a key resource for sales channel managers and Product and Logistics managers. You will bring a financial perspective to help resolve business issues
- Performing financial analysis and reporting on key business drivers including sales trends, on-line traffic, product profitability and operating costs
- Developing and monitoring key performance indicators and reporting to operations managers to provide insight
- Working with the Director FP&A to develop budget and forecasts for submission to the Board.
- Preparing analysis on weekly, period end and quarter end financial results
- Building and maintaining complex financial models
- Participating in cross-functional initiatives and ad-hoc projects to provide financial analysis for decision support
- Managing dashboards and creating presentations that effectively communicate findings and business recommendations to key stakeholders
- Identify, measure and continually review key financial performance metrics on regular cadence.
- Monitor and review department expenses against budget and forecast
- Maintain working knowledge of industry best practices and changes in analytics platform performance
- Preparing standardized reporting requests
- Identifying opportunities and assisting in the automation of processes and working papers where possible
- Building out forecasting tools in the new ERP post implementation and mapping out future state solutions with the Director of FP&A as required
- Responding to ad-hoc requests as needed
- Implementing best practices and processes to guard data integrity
- University Degree in finance, statistics, business, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience as a financial analyst or related role
- 3+ years of related business experience, ideally with proven experience in forecasting, budgeting
- Superior knowledge of Excel and data modelling
- Power BI, SQL, and/or Tableau work experience is an asset
- Understanding of Shopify, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, or other similar web platforms is an asset
- Passionate about data and analytics
- Proven ability to interpret and synthesize data into intelligent business decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and seek out solutions
- Detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple complex projects
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
- Flexible team player who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym.
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned that most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the post-pandemic world evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements to ensure we are supporting our SAXX community and our business.
Please forward your resume and quote Financial Analyst in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!