Integrated Communications Manager – Media
Date PostedJanuary 26, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an Integrated Communications Manager – Media to join the team based at our Portland office location or in a remote US location.
This is your opportunity to help build a growing global brand and lifestyle apparel business in a dynamic work environment.
THE INTEGRATED COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER – MEDIA WILL….
Help grow SAXX brand awareness and equity and advance our long-term goal of being a cultural icon in the US by leading the overall development and execution of the SAXX brand strategy and product launch marketing with media and thought leaders. This strategic leadership role is inclusive of on-trend narrative development, communications strategy, PR, brand activations, brand collaborations, events, partnerships, influencers and social – all directed to the aforementioned audience. Work closely with the VP of Brand, agencies and the SAXX Brand Manager and Social Media Coordinator to identify opportunities to become a topic of cultural conversation in the US, as well as the Director of Brand, Product Marketing for collection messaging cohesion. Finally, collaborate with the SAXX digital marketing team on affiliate marketing and identifying earned and paid media integration opportunities.
Earned media strategy:
- Conceive annual and seasonal plans to get media coverage for brand and product initiatives.
- Collaborate with the VP of Brand, the SAXX Brand Manager and the Social Media Coordinator to identify activation ideas that attract and engage both consumers and Media.
- Leverage elements of the consumer marketing plan (e.g celebrities, personalities, influencers, artists, partners and/or paid media) as well as PR-specific influencers, events and content.
- Keep on top of cultural and media trends and get creative in your communications strategy to Media to keep the brand fresh and relevant and to capture media attention.
- Evaluate opportunities for the best impact.
- Present strategy and plans as part of the seasonal GTM process.
Earned media plan execution:
- Assume ultimate accountability for annual and seasonal plan organization, execution, budget and results.
- Manage a PR agency or agencies in the refinement and execution of the SAXX earned media strategy.
- Hold them responsible to budget, timelines, and targets (monthly and annually. Inspire innovation from your teams.
- Handle sample and product orders and distribution, images/content info requests and any event elements as needed per season.
- Lead SAXX in becoming more strategic and proactive in thought leader and VIP engagement that supports the earned media strategy, with the ultimate goal of building brand advocates and becoming a greater part of the US cultural conversation.
- With the help of the Brand Manager and Social Media Coordinator, assess social trends that can generate ideas for PR pushes.
- Stay current on underwear and apparel industry daily news in all media and social outlets that can also inform strategy, messaging and brand moments.
- Support and improve media pitching strategy and plans.
- Review target list on a seasonal basis with agencies to identify any new relevant targets within fashion, lifestyle, sports, entertainment, health, business, trade and regional/local across online, print, broadcast and blogs.
- Lead monthly, post-season and program-specific results analysis, including wins, opportunities, and key takeaways for SAXX and competitive activity and coverage.
- Hire, onboard, coach and develop your team who will support you in execution. Coordinate and manage all aspects of the PR function before the specialist’s hire.
- 5+ years of PR, communications, brand management and/or advertising or PR agency experience, ideally in fashion or apparel
- Experience managing direct reports and managing an agency
- Passionate about keeping up to speed on US cultural trends; hot brands, properties and people; and trending topics on social; very culturally savvy
- Skill in crafting authentic, differentiated and highly engaging brand and product stories for pitches
- Adept at integrating brands and products into cultural moments and conversations on social in the US and globally (strategically and opportunistically)
- Highly strategic and creative thinker within PR
- Experienced writing strategic briefs for agencies
- Champion innovative approaches to achieve brand and business results
- Proven track record of results
- Team oriented with a positive attitude and willingness to work hard
- Highly motivated, self-directed and flexible
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and an Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs in our design studio
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Integrated Communications Manager – Media in the subject line. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply