- Date: Posted Oct 14, 2022
- Location: Vancouver, Canada
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTANT to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTANT WILL….
Provide financial, administrative, and clerical services in a multi-company environment.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth environment. In this role, you will help set up new and improve existing financial processes and procedures and ensure reporting requirements are met. Day to day, you will reconcile GL accounts, post journal entries, and adjustments, maintain inventory accuracy, prepare sales rep commission statements, support the preparation of financial statements, and aid the Finance Department to help it meet its deadlines in an accurate, timely, and reliable manner.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the successful candidate must be highly motivated, thrive in a fun, ever-changing environment, and maintain a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Prepare monthly commission reports, issue payments to sales reps, and actively communicate to all commission-related inquiries
- Set up Sales Rep accounts and promo accounts, and monitor/reconcile promo accounts
- Ensure inventory quantity accuracy in the ERP system by performing daily and month-end reconciliations including write-offs and adjustments
- Liaise with Operations, Logistics, Customer Care, and Warehouse teams to ensure inventory accuracy
- Perform monthly reconciliations and reconcile schedules for selected balance sheet and operating accounts
- Prepare monthly department reports and liaise with department owners to monitor expenses against budget and ensure the accuracy of accruals
- Full cycle accounting duties including month-end procedures and variance analysis of actuals to budget and prior period
- Assist with year-end financial audits and other audits by compiling necessary information including audit samples, account analysis, and reconciliation, and preparing working papers
- Assist with standardizing and improving business processes and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Enrolled in a CPA or related program
- 2-3 years of recent related accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite, including Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is considered an asset, but not required
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting
- Ability to confidently adapt and focus under pressure to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines
- A Team player who encourages others and who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to generate innovative ideas with the drive to seek out opportunities for development
- Customer Service-driven. One who leads by example to exceed expectations and always goes the extra mile for their team, customers and partners.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Intermediate Accountant in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!