IT Support Technician
Date PostedJune 6, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a IT Support Technician to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
THE IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN WILL….
Be the first point of contact in the IT department. We are actively looking for a talented IT Support Technician that will complete and support basic IT maintenance and support tasks. This new role will ensure that IT support requests are managed effectively and responded to in a timely manner. The IT Support Technician will report to the IT Manager and contribute to the team's fast-paced environment. As an IT Support Technician, you will be responsible for providing daily on-site and remote support to end-users of personal computers, business applications, and related peripheral equipment. You will diagnose and resolve basic to moderately complex hardware and software issues, install new equipment or software and apply upgrades as authorized by the Corporate IT function and in compliance with established company procedures. This role has a hybrid work model and requires working in the office for at least 3 days a week, and as needed.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of hardware and software, problem determination and resolution, resource allocation, performance, and security monitoring, and usage reporting.
- Respond to the user requests either by phone, chat, email, or via the ticketing system or in-person when present in the office.
- Assist with provisioning, implementation, and supporting of computers and end-users.
- Setup laptop and computer equipment for end-users.
- Perform the initial and ongoing training for IT-related issues.
- Create step-by-step instructions for routine IT activities and procedures.
- Create and maintain network diagram and dataflow.
- Administration of Microsoft 365, Azure, and AWS.
- Respond to significant infrastructure issues as needed and investigate for any outages or critical failures.
- Schedule after-hours patch management and provide off-hours support when required.
- Ensure that requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Day-to-day IT support
- Minimum 2 years of experience administering Microsoft 365 environments (Office 365, Azure AD, MFA, SSO, InTune, etc)
- Strong Office 365 skills and MS Exchange knowledge
- Understanding of LAN/WAN networking, experience with switches, firewalls, etc.
- Ability to script, code, and analyze automation between systems and infrastructure components would be an asset
- A plus if you have experience administering Cloud IaaS environments from Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure, and/or a Microsoft or AWS certification
Why WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote IT Support Technician in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!