Junior Product Developer
Date PostedNov 25, 2020
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Junior Product Developer to join the team based at our Portland office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Supports in the Product Creation process of innovative and technical socks, underwear, and apparel, ensuring timely development and execution of the highest level of quality required to deliver product that meets SAXX standards. To be successful in this role the Assistant Product Developer must be detail focused, results-oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and develop excellent relationships with vendors and internal business partners.
- Responsible for product development from design handoff to production of assigned styles, including creation and updates to tech packs throughout the development season, seamless communication, delivery of accurate prototypes, and completion of development to deliver on product that meets a Saxx quality standards.
- Prepare garments for fit sessions, execute on model fit sessions for assigned styles and provide vendor partners with detailed construction notes, spec and pattern revision directions and updated tech packs to ensure product fit and quality.
- Manage SMU and licensed products including costing, sampling, special packaging development and final approvals. Coordinate sample delivery with sales and marketing. Ensure products are accurately commercialized and all assets are delivered on time.
- Track the development of all assigned styles to ensure timely completion and adherence to the product development calendar.
- Ensure all assigned styles are accurately cost and achieve department margin targets.
- Approve, communicate, track, and document all bulk material and TOP submits with vendor partners.
- Maintain all style files and sample libraries associated with the seasonal product assortment.
- Manage ordering, tracking and delivery of seasonal photo and salesmen samples. Communicate with overseas vendors to ensure samples are received on time. Review samples with design, manage and communicate changes with factories, Sales, and Marketing.
- Understand requirements for compliance to brand, regulatory, and other country-specific standards and ensure these are executed in product.
- Establish solid partnerships with new and existing vendors thru clear and concise communication and direction.
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel Design, Textiles, Manufacturing, Merchandising; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to travel overseas required.
- Minimum of 3 years in the apparel industry specifically in product development, garment manufacturing, technical design or quality assurance.
- Proficient skills required in Microsoft Office Excel, Adobe Illustrator. Experience and skills in a Product Lifecycle Management system preferred.
- Demonstrates solid product knowledge, fit and construction expertise, and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written; must be clear and concise
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Results driven, self-starter
- Adaptable: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change, often in ambiguity. Seeks out opportunities for development
- High Accuracy Level: ability to deliver accurate data on a timely basis
- Ability to partner and work well with cross-functional teams
- Honest/Integrity: does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right. Speaks plainly and truthfully
Please forward your resume and quote Junior Product Developer in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.Apply