- Date: Posted Jul 13, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, CA
- Contact: email@example.com
- Term: Full-Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a LOGISTICS COORDINATOR to join our team based in our Vancouver office location in a Hybrid work environment. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE LOGISTICS COORDINATOR WILL….
Support the execution of logistics by coordinating and managing logistics for last mile (distribution to final customers) to ensure goods are delivered as economically and efficiently as possible. You will build strong relationships and proactively communicate with internal stakeholders (Brand, eComm, Operations, Sales, and Finance) and external stakeholders (multiple 3PL partners, regulatory bodies, and/or carriers in each region) to ensure the timely release of products to maintain service level targets.
We work in a fast-paced environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. To be successful in this role, you must be comfortable working within a small and dynamic team, while juggling multiple priorities and delivering against deadlines.
This is a hands-on position that will require the application of strategic thinking, risk management, and the execution of day-to-day operations. Other duties may arise from time to time and as a team, we look to support each other. SAXX works with suppliers in Asia and South America and delivers products to customers to North America, Asia, Europe, and the United Kingdom.
- Coordinate and manage logistics for the last mile (distribution to final customers) to ensure goods are delivered as economically and efficiently as possible.
- Manage and lead all processes related to the shipment and/or the delivery of products, monitoring the performance of different Logistic Services Providers, ensuring compliance with customs requirements to ensure the seamless transportation of goods
- Build strong relationships and proactively communicate with internal stakeholders (Brand, eComm, Operations, Sales and Finance) and external stakeholders (multiple 3PL partners, regulatory bodies, and/or carriers in each region) to ensure the timely release of products to maintain service level targets.
- Support the replenishment and planning actions of products to maintain inventory levels that cover the demand of a commercial area and identify and escalate supply risks and shortages
- Actively lead the shipping and receiving functions as applicable and the onboarding of new factories, customers, or new sales programs
- Perform tasks derived from quality issues, recalls, relabelling and initiate and/or report deviations within the ERP system and external systems
- Capable of using analytics and quantitative methods to ensure inventory and shipments are deployed most effectively through the Supply Chain to minimize redeployment, keep transportation costs low, and maximize customer fulfillment
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and vendor guides for the organization
- Review, validate, and approve logistics invoices and costs for payment and address billing discrepancies/corrections with third-party vendors as needed
- 2+ years of working experience within the supply chain, operations, or a logistics service provider.
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or equivalent.
- Ability to think "outside the box", thrive in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under time constraints and deliver results by critical deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify complex issues and topics.
- Ability to network internally and externally to build strong and collaborative partnerships.
- Ability to lead through influence, utilize business acumen to determine best course of action and trade-offs, and utilize excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate decisions and resolve conflicts.
- Excellent PC Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Detailed oriented with a desire and ability to
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive employer-paid benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being.
- Get additional healthcare support through a virtual healthcare platform and a health spending account.
- Participate in a Group RRSP matching program.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community and to support causes that matter to you most.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Free products? Yes please! Every SAXX employee receives an annual $600 credit to treat themselves and the people in their life to our premium products.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym, along with on-site showers.
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters (Woof!)
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in the office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote LOGISITCS COORDINATOR in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!