Date PostedAug 16, 2017
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a talented and dedicated Merchandise Planner to join the team based at our Portland office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
Reporting to the Vice President of Product, the Merchandise Planner is responsible for the development of effective merchandising strategies in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders that meet the consumer’s need, addresses brand ambitions whilst maintaining profit margin expectations to support the long-range brand and financial goals of the overall business. The incumbent will review historical trends, forecasts and retail analytics to establish the best product mix, the price and project the gross margin required to achieve brand strategy and meet financial goals as well as determining product lifecycle management in collaboration with key stakeholders.
The role is deeply connected to market trend analytics, competitive analysis and research and works as a liaison between the Sales, Product, Operations and Finance divisions.
- Create product assortments to determine how many style-colors are required within each collection, by product classification, to meet the seasonal financial goals. Develop bottoms up financial plans that provide a product centric view of the revenue opportunity for each season. Complete regional hind sighting to adapt future assortment needs.
- Collaborating with Retail Analyst to conduct regular category and account reviews, develop analytics for new pipeline strategies, develop product scorecards and plan assortments
- Building appropriate product assortments to support the D2C and wholesale dealer businesses, addressing diverse regional requirements and variation in channel/tier of the SAXX retail environment.
- Building and administering the seasonal Master Line Guide (MLG) until formal handover to Operations.
- Collaborate with Demand Planner and Retail Analyst to establish product lifecycle and expansion and/or phase-out strategy.
- Assist in establish seasonal margin and pricing strategies
- Become the business expert in market trend analytics, competitive analysis and research
- Collaborate with Sales, Demand Planner, Retail Analyst and Finance to establish appropriate in season mark down cadence and the product to support it.
- Understand account differentiation needs to build appropriate planning model for the Special Makeup Unit (SMU) programs
- Develop and present merchandise plans to support the commercial roadmap calendar
- Collect information from marketing and sales to coalesce sampling information to present to production.
- Provide region/channel/tier insight inputs to Seasonal Vision meeting to discuss product and marketing strategy for next 3 seasons in context of 3 year plan by big idea, consumer, competition, regional idea, categories or initiatives needed, fabrications working/needs refresh
- Lead Seasonal Merchandize Planning meetings to determine the product categories the brand and consumer needs to achieve the long-range financial goals of the business
- Lead Seasonal Market Projections meetings to ensure projections align to financial plan.
- Lead Seasonal Reconciliation meetings to review retail partner pre-season buys against KPI targets at channel and key account level and optimize style productivity and mitigate cancellation risks
- A bachelor's degree in, business, merchandising, fashion, or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years of progressive experience in merchandising, planning or commercial/product creation function.
- Results-oriented individual with strong analytical acumen and interpersonal skills to develop excellent relationships with vendors and external business partners.
- Ability to work cross functionally to reach all company objectives, as well as work well independently to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- Ability to prioritize and exercise excellent judgement in discerning priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple project deadlines
- Adaptable: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change, often in ambiguity. Seeks out opportunities for development.
- Honest/Integrity: does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences.
- High Standards: exceeds expectations and goes the extra mile for both internal and external customers and partners
- Advanced knowledge of MS office applications; intermediate/advanced skills in Excel including creating spreadsheets, complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Extensive experience working in the apparel industry.
- Experience in connecting product trends and consumer needs then translating results into business opportunities.
- Previous experience in a planning capacity.
- Global merchandising or planning experience.
- Experience with planning software/tools and merchandise management systems.