Product Line Manager
Date PostedJan 29, 2019
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Product Line Manager to join the team based at our Portland office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment.
The Product Line Manager role is responsible for driving the SAXX product merchandising strategies to achieve annual and long-terms brand and financial goals. Leveraging their knowledge of the market and consumer and competitive trends, they identify new product and merchandising opportunities. They are responsible for developing the seasonal product line plan to meet the consumer’s need, address brand ambitions, deliver the revenue plan by channel, while meeting profit margin expectations of the financial plan. The role will review historical trends, forecasts and retail analytics to establish how much product in which categories and channels and at what price and margin is required to achieve the brand strategy. They are responsible for projecting gross margin and collection financial targets as well as determining product lifecycle management in collaboration with the Demand Planner and Retail Analyst. The role is deeply connected to market trend analytics, consumer insight and competitive analysis.
- Create product road maps and introduction strategies by conducting, analyzing and interpreting market trends and consumer insight. In partnership with Demand Planner, analyze sales results and SKU productivity to determine how many style-colors are required within each collection, by product classification, to meet the seasonal financial goals. Complete regional hind-sighting to adapt future assortment needs.
- Develop vision and plan for new product pipeline strategies and develop assortments to serve the variety of channels in which SAXX competes. Develop the bottoms up financial plans that provide a product centric view of the revenue opportunity for each season.
- Create and implement category product line strategies including line structuring, pricing, product flow, product segmentation and product differentiation to support the D2C and wholesale businesses, addressing diverse regional requirements and variation in channel/tier of the SAXX retail environment.
- Collaborate with Demand Planner and Retail Analyst to establish product lifecycle and expansion and/or phase-out strategy.
- Collaborate with Sales, Demand Planner, Retail Analyst and Finance to establish appropriate in-season mark down cadence and, if necessary, the product to support it.
- Ensure product creation timelines are met and that the Master Line Guide is up to date throughout the development season.
- Provide region/channel/tier insight inputs to GTM meetings to discuss product and marketing strategy for next 3 seasons in context of 3-year plan by big idea, consumer, competition, regional idea, categories or initiatives needed, fabrications working/needs refresh.
- Lead seasonal merchandise planning process with Retail Analyst/Demand Planner to provide direction where the product categories the brand and consumer needs to expand, launch or contract to achieve the long-range financial goals of the business.
- A bachelor's degree in business or merchandising.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in product line management and/or retail buying with a focus in apparel.
- Possess strong understanding of sales, distribution and merchandising. Successful Candidate will be retail-savvy and have an affinity for key account partners.
- Excellent presentation skills are essential for information, influencing and motivating audiences; from large presentations to key account meetings.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral.
- Results-oriented individual with strong analytical acumen and interpersonal skills to develop excellent relationships with vendors and external business partners.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to reach all company objectives, as well as work well independently to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to interpret financial sales data and create reporting to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.