Date PostedApril 7, 2022
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for an Supply Planner to join the team based at our Vancouver office location.
This is your opportunity to be part of a growing global brand and lifestyle apparel business in a dynamic work environment.
THE SUPPLY PLANNER WILL….
Be responsible for deciding how much new finished goods inventory is manufactured, and when, to meet the financial goals of the business and to protect the business from accruing aged inventory. The role will drive KPI improvement on Supply in Full and On Time and at the right cost (SIFOT), Just-In-Time inventory (JIT), Inventory Turns and Never-Out-of-Stock inventory (NOOS).
This role will create and maintain an Open-To-Buy model providing Finance and Production a rolling 2-year visibility on anticipated volume by month, category, and manufacturer. The role leverages a suite of inputs including Product Financial Plan, Cash-flow, Production Lead Time calendar, Demand Plan, Stock on Hand, Product Lifecycle, Closing Inventory targets, Manufacturing Capacity Plan and Safety Stock strategy.
This role partners with Production, Logistics, Sales and Demand Planning to develop procurement strategies that will minimize risk and optimize opportunities without compromising service levels and manufacturer requirements. For example, planning long-lead-time (LLT) greige commitments, minimum order quantities (MOQs), mark-ups, excess fabric solutions, consolidated buy opportunities. The role is responsible for creating finished goods purchase orders for Production to take forward with the manufacturers.
The role is also responsible for having a deep understanding of Key Retailer and Market Place service needs, engaging with Sales and Logistics to plan supply intentionally to relocate Value-Added-Services to manufacturers, thereby reducing costs and creating handling efficiency gains.
Effectively planning finished goods supply: volume, frequency, and timing
- Being the expert on the impact procurement has on cash-flow.
- With input from Production, understand Lead Time Calendar, Long Lead Time commitments, manufacturer capacity.
- Providing a monthly rolling long-range Open-To-Buy plan to Production prior to buy placement.
- Consulting and communicating firm commitment dates with Planning, Sales and Brand.
- Deciding and communicating seasonally how frequently a style-color will be manufactured.
- Providing a buy-plan for greige buys to help shorten lead times, secure materials, and prevent price jumps mid-season.
- Consulting and deciding monthly what style-colors will (and will not) be purchased globally for a specific sales window to address KPIs, optimize fabric and factory production volume, maximize FCL shipping and avoid mark-ups.
- Offsetting stock on hand and in transit to calculate new firmed purchases. Optimizing flow by consolidating or splitting buys depending on a product’s lifecycle classifications, for example Core and Fashion.
- Collaborate with Production and Planning to evaluate shared fabric opportunities and resolve issues with Style-Color MOQs.
- Placing firmed purchase orders for finished goods.
- Monitoring that global 3PL inventory is planned to appropriate closing target level, protecting the business from accruing aged inventory and excessive storage costs.
- Collaborating with Production and Logistics to understand impact of Supply Chain delays to future demand, proposing solutions to ensure key assortments and strategies (ie. evergreen styles , new pipe launches) are protected.
- Adjusting future supply plan to respond to in-season market trends that over or under perform to Demand Plan expectations.
- Monitoring the planned safety stock is turning at the expected velocity and taking action if not.
- Collaborating with Inventory Specialist and Analysts to understand trends and reflect those trends in the Supply Plan.
- Maintaining the Division Date in Logon to protect Sales from ordering over and above planned supply.
- Maintaining the Qlikview Inventory module software as the primary Supply Planning tool, adapting to new software solutions as required.
Effectively planning supply for Key Retailers and Market Places
- Consulting with Sales, Logistics and Production to identify opportunities to move services into manufacturers.
- Calculating and creating bespoke purchase orders for Key Retailers and Market Places.
- Communicating bespoke purchases to Logistics to help them plan how to segment inbounds on receipt.
- Sourcing and supplying accessories that manufacturers need to apply Value Added Services, for example price tickets or custom hangers.
- Calculating 3PL packaging and hang tag supply needs seasonally, communicating to Production to include in global packaging order to ensure that 3PLs never run out of stock.
Policy and process improvement, target setting and reporting
- Creating reports for management against JIT, inventory turns, SIFOT and NOOS KPIs.
- Creating reports for management on the Open-To-Buy model.
- Collaborating with Director Demand Planning to establish Fashion Buffer, Core Safety Stock and Phase out inventory targets.
- Monitoring target effectiveness and seeking continuous process improvements.
- Establishing effective communication methods to build trusting relationships cross-departmentally with key stakeholders.
- At least 3+ years of related experience working in Supply Planning or Demand Planning or equivalent Supply Chain position, preferably in apparel industry.
- Knowledge of supply chain management, global distribution practices, inventory management, business, economics, basic accounting, statistics, and project management methodologies is desired.
- APICS or other forecasting Certification is preferred.
- Experience with operating supply plans within ERP (Microsoft D365 preferred).
- Strong technical data management. Mastery of Excel is required.
- Advanced mathematical and analytical skills and strong business acumen.
- Proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Ability to write and present detailed inventory reports.
- Ability to think around a problem and provide recommendations.
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US:
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and driven people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Stay fit with our in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote SUPPLY PLANNER in the subject line. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!Apply