Senior Full-Stack Developer
- Date: Posted Feb 13, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term: Full Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Senior Full-stack Developer to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX was ranked #1 men’s boxer brief brand in the USA and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE SENIOR FULL-STACK DEVELOPER WILL….
Provide technical architecture, code customized solutions, and enhance the existing functionality and capabilities of our software platforms. The incumbent is a full-stack developer that will be just as comfortable writing code and as a solution architect. The Senior Developer will contribute to extending the application features, and fill any functionality gaps with custom well-written, commented, secured, organized, and documented code. You will work with the existing code base and be a key player in researching possible issues.
- Drive digital architectural design and discussions to drive the design and deployment of application solutions
- Develop, implement, maintain, and improve application development life-cycle process and deployment methodologies
- Provide solutions to address technical and architecture issues in application development.
- Ability to take creative ideas and drill down to give concise deliverables both in terms of features and functionality
- Produce detailed specifications. Document the code and write meaningful articles in our project tracking tool Jira, or the knowledge base Confluence
- Lead and contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle. Recognize weaknesses in the project analysis and propose amendments, and changes, or do further research on issues identified and make recommendations on how best to resolve them.
- Ensure a high level of quality of the delivered code by following industry standards and delivering excellence on all required projects and tasks
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary. Review and extend existing tools, platforms, and applications or scripts already in place.
- Building applications and tools to automate processes, data reporting, and other custom needs.
Test & Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot, test, and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Proactively look for ways to improve the performance of the existing code, find bottlenecks, and performance degradation, and propose solutions to resolve those issues
- Proficient in back tracing errors or bugs with little or no documentation, as well as adding logging, finding patterns, and identifying the origin of particular problems
- Be creative and open-minded to explore new technologies and programming languages
- Accountable for the quality of the code delivered, modifying or extending the original functionality to meet business and operational needs
- Post-Secondary degree majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Experience designing and customizing D365 F&O application is required
- Experience with D365FO interfacing and integration is required
- Proficiency in X++, Data Management(DIXF), SSRS, Azure SQL, Common Data Service, Power Apps, Azure Logic Apps
- Knowledge of web server infrastructure and systems
- Experience with API development
- Experience with automated testing as part of your workflow
- Experience with cloud hosting solutions and DevOps (i.e. AWS, GitLab, Ansible)
- Driven, organised, motivated, and self-directed with strong time management skills
- Ability to work effectively both as a member of a team and independently
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your wellbeing
- Get additional health care support through a virtual health care platform and a health spending account
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- Stay fueled with our in-house chef, healthy snacks, coffee, and tea
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned the majority of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote Senior Full-Stack Developer in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!