Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Part-Time)
- Date: Posted Nov 03, 2023
- Location: Vancouver, CA
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Term: Part-Time
SAXX Underwear Co. is looking for a Payroll and Benefits Specialist (Part-Time) to join the team based at our Vancouver office location. This is your opportunity to be part of a globally growing brand in a dynamic work environment. SAXX is proud to be Great Place to Work® Certified by the Great Place to Work® Institute and listed as one of Fast Company’s Best Workplaces for Innovators 2022!
THE PAYROLL AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST WILL….
Oversee all aspects of payroll processing and administration, as well as managing employee benefits programs. This includes semi-monthly payroll processing and accurate reporting of payroll data for employees (hourly/salary) across both Canada and U.S., in compliance with federal and provincial/state regulations. The incumbent will also process monthly commission runs for external sales representatives. The Payroll and Benefits Specialist will own all company benefit plans in Canada and U.S, including, but not limited to, extended health and dental, group registered retirement savings plans and 401k. This role requires a high level of accuracy, discretion, and the ability to handle confidential information professionally.
The Payroll and Benefits Specialist role is a permanent part-time role (3.5 days per week).
- Prepare and process semi-monthly Canadian and U.S payrolls, including new hires, terminations, and salary changes and calculate all necessary earnings, adjustments, garnishments and deductions.
- Work alongside the Accounting team to execute the monthly commission run for external Sales Agencies in Canada and the U.S.
- Compile and analyze all payroll-related reports and remittances following each pay run or on a monthly and quarterly cadence as needed.
- Manage and execute all year-end payroll activities, including YTD adjustments, tax forms (T4, T4A, W2, 1099s), and rate updates.
- Lead the end-to-end management and administration of the company health and welfare plans, ensuring accuracy and timely enrollment, renewal, and termination.
- Review and audit monthly bills; prepare reconciliations, payments, and payroll changes relating to various extended health benefit providers.
- Ensure all statutory tax and compliance requirements are met, including state or provincial reporting and worker’s compensation obligations.
- Administer the company's RRSP and 401k programs.
- Act as the subject matter expert for payroll and benefits and the main point of contact for all payroll and benefits inquiries from employees.
- Collaborate with the People Operations team to manage and maintain accurate employee records and files.
- Monitor changes to federal and provincial/state legislation impacting payroll and advise when action is required.
- Continuously evaluate, suggest, and implement improvements to payroll processes.
3+ years of full-cycle payroll experience in a dynamic environment
2+ years of experience with Canadian benefits administration; US benefits plan experience considered an asset
ADP Workforce Now experience preferred; experience with Gusto is a bonus!
PCP designation is considered an asset
Comprehensive knowledge of Canadian and U.S payroll regulations
Experience with administering RRSP and 401k plans considered a strong asset
Advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite; intermediate Excel level required
Excellent attention to detail, time management, and ability to meet strict deadlines
Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Willingness to learn and find solutions to complex issues
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At SAXX we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace community, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Annual Salary Range: $50,000.00-$60,000.00
Position Type: Permanent Part Time (0.7 FTE – 3.5 days)
WHY WE THINK YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
- We offer equitable salaries, a comprehensive employer-paid benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support your well-being.
- Get additional healthcare support through a virtual healthcare platform and a health spending account.
- Participate in a Group RRSP matching program.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- Four paid days off dedicated for you to volunteer in your community and to support causes that matter to you most.
- Have your birthday off to celebrate in style.
- Free products? Yes please! Every SAXX employee receives an annual $600 credit to treat themselves and the people in their life to our premium products.
- Enjoy access to an in-office gym, along with on-site showers.
- Hang out with the cute and cuddly dogs at our headquarters (Woof!)
- Stay fueled with healthy snacks, coffee, and tea.
- Be part of a team of incredibly talented, passionate, and empowered people focused on building and innovating.
- Make an impact with your work—each person has an equal opportunity to contribute to our goals.
- Join one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver and find opportunities to grow in your own career—offering advancement opportunities for our team members is important to us!
- During the COVID 19 pandemic, we learned most of our roles are remote-friendly. Although there may be times where it is required or more effective to be in the office for certain meetings or tasks. As the pandemic evolves, we will continue to adjust our working arrangements as necessary.
Please forward your resume and quote PAYROLL AND BENEFITS SPECIALIST in the subject line. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in the role, however; only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest in a career with SAXX.
Please keep tabs on your junk/spam folders. Our emails may end up there and we want to make sure we have the opportunity to connect with you!